Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Senator Franken

It's official! He's in. I think he'll be a good senator - I love his attitude. He's all about working hard, which is just what we need in our Senators. I'm quite pleased. Plus, 60 votes - except that Lieberman's basically not a vote for anything, but still, theoretically.

Meanwhile, the Pubs, are, of course, doing weirdo twisting uneducated gymnastics over on the other side of the aisle: "The Democrats have total control. No checks. No balances... In 2010, you can hold them accountable." That's from a new ad. Well, first of all, I'm pretty ok with the electorate holding the Dems accountable in 2010, because I think so far we're doing a pretty good job, I just hope the economy continues to look like it's recovering and the jobs start coming back. But, second of all - no checks, no balances? Not only is it absurd to just assume that everything is going to come down to a straight party-line vote, but aren't they forgetting someone? Paging Justice Roberts... The Founding Fathers didn't put the judiciary into the Constitution for show.

No comments: